Sep 22, 2011

Autumn Walk and Autumn Nights

I need to work on blogging more regularly! If I was thinking about it, I would pre-load a blog post when I go post my pages for my designers. But that would make a little too much sense, now wouldn't it!

Danyale (Etc by Danyale) has a new kit out today, and one that came out last week that I missed.  First, this week's kit, Autumn Walk.

I've been in a bit of a scrapping slump.  I don't know whether it was because I was focused on designing so much this summer, or the change to our school schedule, or whether it was something entirely unrelated, but I have had a hard time sitting down to scrap.  Then this kit came along.
Also uses Gimme Layers Lite Vol 7 by Cluster Queen Creations (template), and an action by Pioneer Woman on the photos...can't remember which one though.  Sorry!
I sat down and cranked out "Read to Me" pretty quickly, and knew I wanted to make Tree Hugger the same night, but couldn't stay up any longer to finish it. Tree Hugger was the first thing I did when I sat down at the computer the next day.

Last week's kit, Autumn Nights, also helped me get out of my slump.
I fell in love with this kit as soon as Danyale started posting her progress on it. But when it came out I was in the middle of my slump and just couldn't think of anything to make with anything!  I should have tried working with it then...I might have come out of my low point faster.  But when I finally did sit down to play with it, WOW!
It gave me the chance to play with this photo from a year ago.  One year ago, we were in the middle of our move from Wyoming to Colorado, and this photo is John playing in our empty house, waiting for the movers to bring all our furniture.  I used an action by Pioneer Woman on the photo (maybe Seventies?...I don't remember), and also used the word art that matches the kit. I hope to have a chance to play with this kit a little more, as there are some great papers in there that I didn't get to use (or use much of!).

Here's hoping I can get to blogging more often this Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment