Dec 19, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I'm trying VERY hard to get into the Christmas spirit, and slowly but surely I think it's working.  It also helps that I've been putting together some Christmas layouts, and some general layouts with both my kiddos.
Holly Jolly 2010
Kit: Holly Jolly by Crisdam Designs
Alpha: Holly Jolly Alphas by Crisdam Designs
Template by Mye deLeon

I have turned to this kit a couple times already for Christmas themed projects.  I wanted some pics of my kids in front of the tree, and think I got a few good ones. (Now if I can just get them to the mall to see Santa!) I had hoped to have JJ in the Santa hat and Maggie with reindeer antlers, but she couldn't find the headband, so we improvised.

Siblings
Kit: Accentuate the Positive by Limequilla
Fonts: Love Ya Like a Sister and Arial
I am consciously taking more pictures of both kids together, because I have so few of them.  I really only get a handful of good ones each time I pull the camera out (and take 35 pictures in a row), but that's all I need!

I also pulled out a few older photos for some pages.

First Grade Fashion
Kit: Accentuate the Positive by Limequilla
I took these photos two years ago, intending to make a page about all the new clothes Maggie had gotten, but somehow the page was never created. The colors in this kit made me think of fall, which got me thinking about school, so this page finally came in to being!

Snow Baby
Kit: Snow Angel by Ohana Designs
Alpha: Winter Dreams by Crisdam Designs
I loved the stitching in this kit, and loved that I was able to replicate the swirls in the edge of the paper too.

Part of the reason I have been delinquent in my posts lately is that a lot of the projects I've been working on were for Christmas...and I didn't want to spill the beans early.  But I think I can share a few pieces that I've got without spoiling the surprise (or at least not the whole surprise).
Gift Can
Kit: Holly Jolly by Crisdam Designs
I love making these cans to house gift cards.  While I love receiving gift cards, I don't like giving them if I can avoid it.  I know, it's a bit of a double standard, but it's just the way I am.  I like to pick out personal gifts, but when I can't come up with that perfect gift, I do turn to gift cards, but send them in these fun cans.  They're super easy to make with a can opener that cuts from the side (instead of the top).

And here's a sneak peak at a couple of my favorite pieces of the super secret project:
I hope to post the rest of the project just after Christmas, because I'm really excited about it (these pages include designs by Colie's Corner, Crisdam Designs, and Etc by Danyale...I'll post complete credits after Christmas because right now I'm running late)!  Until then, Merry Christmas to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment