Jul 23, 2010

Catch-up Day

Part of me loves vacation -- the chance to ignore reality for a few days (or weeks) and just play, visit, and play some more.  The other part of me isn't as fond of vacations -- the piles of laundry, empty fridge, and task of getting everyone back on schedule that faces me at the end of a vacation is enough to make me wish to never leave Real Life again.  But, despite the few days of increased workload on the return, we had a great time visiting family and friends over the last two weeks.  We packed the last 19 days with as much play as we could, and saw as many people as we could. We ran out of time in a few instances, which just means we have to go back again soon!  I brought my laptop and EHD with me so I could continue to scrap, even if I didn't get a chance to upload those layout. The best part of having everything with me is that I could scrap pictures of our trip as they happened if I wanted!  The layout above is a perfect example of that.  I snapped a few shots of Maggie playing in the pool and a few days later had a completed layout, without ever returning home. 
(Summer Fun supplies: Polar Opposites Blog Train Summer kit by Z Pink Boudoir)

Here a a few other layout I created while I was away:

Splish Splash (Kit: Mizzen Mixture by jusme digital)

Grandma & Me (Kit: Sunshiney Day by jusme digital)

Happy Girl (Kit: Sunshiney Day by jusme digital)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, my post disappeared. Anyway ... welcome back from vacation Rachel! I like your layouts - particularly the first one with your daughter (?) in the kiddie pool. The epoxy buttons and realistic leaf are perfect!

    ReplyDelete