Nov 17, 2010

November Designers Part 1

I've got THREE designers from MLAS to show off this month.  Samceline, Scrappy Towne, and Limequilla.

I've worked with Samceline's goodies before, and loved them! This month, I played with Autumn Moments and I Love Remembering.

Kit: I Love Remembering by Samceline
Font: Freebooter Script
I'm not sure how I missed this kit when I was playing with Samceline's goodies a couple months ago, but fell in love with it when I saw it this time.  I love the pink and green combo, and love the way it looks with this photo of my great grandma and her sister.

Papers: Autumn Moments by Samceline
Elements: Autumn Moments by Samceline
Template: November Template Challenge by Ohana Designs
I loved the contrast between the blues and the kraft and orange in this kit, and chose to play that up by tinting my photos to match. (One of the things I LOVE about digi---I can play with my photos if I realize they can be tweaked to look better with the products I'm using.)  This is also a template available as part of a challenge this month at MLAS.  The challenges have changed over there, and if you haven't checked it out yet, you should! Challenges start all throughout the month, and last until the end of the month.

Speaking of challenges, have you checked out my hybrid challenge yet?  I made a couple different cards so that everyone can see just what's possible when creating cards with digital products.  I know hybrid can be a scary word, whether you are a paper-only or digi-only scrapper...adding a little of the opposite can be a fun way to mix things up!

These cards were made with Autumn's Kiss by Scrappy Towne. I love that she used teal with the traditional autumn colors. (It's my favorite color!!) We haven't unpacked the printer yet, so I haven't printed these yet, but I can't wait! (Who'd have thought two weeks after the move I'd still be unpacking boxes?!  I thought I set the challenge late enough that I'd have it done by now!)

I haven't played with anything from Limequilla yet, as she is still setting up her store...but I'll be back to show off her goodies when they're all ready. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment