May 2, 2010

INSD Challenge Layouts, and the games continue!

I was able to participate in both challenges at jessicasprague.com this weekend. They were a little different from the regular weekly challenges in that both had time limits involved.  Let me tell you: scrapping with a baby in your lap makes tasks take so much longer than they should!  I was able to finish both in time, but resorted to using a template for the 30 minute challenge because I knew I wouldn't finish in time otherwise. 

The first layout had a 60-minute time limit and was about everyday miracles.  In my house, leaving on time in the morning is definitely a miracle!  (Supplies used: all papers, journaling block and silver sparkles from Songbird Avenue's April 2010 kit "Soar High". Staples from Katie Pertiet. Photo frame from Jessica Sprague. Fonts: One Fell Swoop, Happy Daze, You are Loved, and Century Gothic.)


The second layout had a 30 minute time limit. I did use a template, but added another strip of paper to the background because I felt it needed the extra pattern.  My scrap space has changed drastically over the years, from card tables and random shelving in a corner of the basement, to a corner of the living room with modular furniture, to the same modular cubes in the guest room, to both the guest room set-up and a TV tray in the family room with my computer and EHD.  I pretty much work wherever I can find the space!  The thing I love about this layout is that I used a brand-new-to-me kit that I purchase earlier yesterday for my son's first year album.  You would never guess from this layout that the kit is called "Bouncing Baby Boy"!
(Supplies used: All papers and swirly accent from RKDesigns (designsindigital.com) "Bouncing Baby Boy" kit. Photo frame: LivE (jessicasprague.com) INSD freebie. Fonts: VTPortableRemington, Angelic War, and Segoe Print.)

In other news, the challenges continue at jessicasprague.com all this week.  Seven Days in May kicks off tomorrow with a new challenge posted everyday. I can't wait.  I have created pages about things I never would have recorded without the inspiration from these challenges.  Come take a look this week, and join in if you are inspired too!



Here's to hoping I can get some more scrapping in today...those two layouts above are all I have finished this weekend, though I have downloaded, unzipped, and tagged many new files! 

No comments:

Post a Comment