May 30, 2010

Hybrid Challenge - Tag!

This week's challenge at jessicasprague.com is a hybrid challenge.  I don't usually work in hybrid -- I'm either traditional or digi on any given project, so these really are a challenge for me.  (Part of my challenge is the tendency to stop midway through a project...I have several hybrid projects that are ready to be printed, but never get further.)  The challenge was to create a digi tag, print it, and use it.  Not wanting to pull out my traditional supplies to create a layout, and not having any pictures to put on said layout, I started thinking about other ways I could use a tag.

I realized we are getting ready to start the last week of school and I didn't have anything for my daughter's teachers.  Enter the challenge!  I created a digital canvas on which I put together the label and lid for this can.  I printed the label without the Thanks tag, then printed the tag and the lid, cut each piece out, used my handy Xyron sticker-maker (plus a few pop-dots) and put the whole thing together.  I wanted to do a summer reading theme, but didn't have time to make my own word art, and couldn't find any that had reading as the subject, so switched to a generic thank you. 

Now all I have to do is pick up a Barnes & Noble gift card tomorrow while I am doing the grocery shopping and we are all set! 

Credits:
Papers by HRoselli (stripe), SClingerman (text), MCato (dots) from Take Flight collab at Sweet Shoppe Designs
Journaling Tag by MBennet from Take Flight collab at Sweet Shoppe Designs
Word Art by House of 3
Circle Journaler by Crystal Wilkerson from Room Collection Elements
Flowers from my stash -- bought at JoAnne's, but I don't know the manufacturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment