Jun 15, 2011

Play Ball - Make a Wish - and Power Scrapping

I just finished up another class (and signed up for a few more...but that's a whole other story) at Big Picture Classes called Power Scrapping - Digi-Style. Over the course of the 4 week class, Katie Nelson shared her techniques for "power scrapping," or batch scrapping. I can't say I will be using the whole work flow she taught, but I did pull a few things that I might implement in my scrap-flow. This is one of the pages I created as a result of the class. I love the look of joy on John's face in the lefthand picture, as he knows Stella is close on his heels.

Play Ball
All Supplies by Crisdam Designs
Make A Wish Kit
Project 2011 Alphas
Stitch It Up Vol 2

I have a few other pages from this class as well, and a few in progress that I haven't found the perfect touch for. (Yes, I know the ideas are supposed to make scrapping faster, but I think I've gotten so used to scrapping for CT requirements that I am actually faster if I start with the kit and find pictures to fit, rather than starting with the pictures and finding a kit to match.) Call me crazy. Go ahead. I do it all the time!

This one uses some of my favorite new pictures of John. I'm sure I'll make other pages with these pictures because I love them so much.  And I made it a two pager...I don't do those often, but these seemed to fit together well (and large!). 



I've already posted this page on the blog, but it was also inspired by the workflow from this class.
For credits, see original post here.


And this page is still a work in progress.  I am not sure I like the premade cluster, and may go back to make my own title cluster.
Remember This Moment
Everyday Life Collab Kit from The Daily Digi

And now, I have some new kits to play with and dream about! Can't wait to show off what's coming up from Etc by Danyale in the next couple weeks...there is some fabulous design work to show off!

No comments:

Post a Comment