Oct 22, 2010

Jumpstarting my creativity

After almost a week of only being able to lurk on my favorite forums and galleries, I am finally back to where I can focus on creating. The movers have left, the house is empty, and I have lots of time on my hands. In the last two days, I have finished 4 full layouts and 2 board book pages. During the time the movers were here, it was too crazy during the day to even think about pulling the computer out and if I had, I would have been bound to the area it was placed.  I wouldn't want someone to accidentally pack it if I walked away to take care of the baby. (This very thing happened to me with a text book the last time we moved...long story short, I had to order a second copy of a textbook with no value to me outside that one course.)  And by the time they left in the evenings I was too exhausted to think straight, let alone play around in Photoshop. Tonight, I'm going to share two of the layouts I have made this week, one older and one new. Then I'll come back later this weekend and share the rest!

Kit: All About Me by Crisdam Designs
Template: Scraplift with a Twist Oct 2010 by Crisdam Designs
Fonts: VT Portable Remington and Pea C-Squared (two of my favorites/most used)
This first page is one I made much earlier in the week but forgot to post here due to all the activity going on in the house. This is my current favorite picture of me, snapped by Maggie while we were at CFD this summer. I'll have to teach her some composition pointers, as my head was slightly cut off, but it really only presented a problem when I wanted to feather the blending and NOT cut off my face.

Kit, Alpha, and Word Art: Sibling Love by Sweet Digi Scraps (each sold separately)
Inspired by the 10/22 Speed Scrap at Gotta Pixel
Each Friday night, there is a Speed Scrap hosted at Gotta Pixel. This is a fun SS because it doesn't have the pressure of a traditional speed scrap. We get so chatty in the chat room (go figure) that most people don't try to scrap during the hour that the chat happens. Instead, the host gives until noon (Eastern) on Saturday to finish and post layouts. The beauty of this is that I get an hour of uninterrupted computer/social time while the kids are still awake AND I get to scrapbook later in the evening! Best of both worlds! This is the layout I created with this week's instructions. Liz of Sweet Digi Scraps is also in the spotlight this week at Gotta Pixel, which means her whole store is 30% off...AND there are several RAK giveaways going on in the forum, and at DST and DSA...AND she has provided the daily download at GP this week. Seven days of downloads which result in a FREE mini-kit.

Ok, I guess I should quit stalling and get some rest. Fingers are crossed for good weather this weekend so I can take the kids to a pumpkin patch/corn maze and get some good Fall pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment