No, I did not get a new car. But I have been working with my digital supplies and my printer more in the last couple weeks than I have ever had the guts to do. I've made the couple of cards I've posted here, and in the last week I've finished two hybrid projects that involved more than just printing out a digital design. The first was made as a gift.
I saw Laurie at Jessica Sprague create these organizers for her son, and I had grand plans to make a set of my own for my son as well. Now that he is 9 months old, and most of the clothes we were gifted are outgrown, I have little need for a set of my own. Since I had the chipboard pieces, and some good friends with a new baby girl, I decided to rethink my "boy" theme and create some for a girl.
They were very simple to make, once I got the chipboard scanned and turned into a template. Laurie goes in to detail about how she did this, so I won't repeat, but it really was simple. Once the template was made, it was just a matter of popping papers and elements into the designs, printing, and cutting.
The hard part for me was finding a brown paint to go over the edges, since I didn't want the chipboard showing through (and since I can't cut a round line to save my life...I needed to hide some less than perfect paper edges).
Once they were finished, I had to make a cute bag to match...and pulled out my neglected stamps for the bag. Welcome to the world, Gracie! We can't wait to meet you. (Oh, and Gracie should have already received these, so it's safe to post about them.)
My second project is ALMOST finished, but not quite. Check back later this weekend for a cute Halloween treat bucket!