Sep 23, 2010

Missing Photoshop...Again.

I don't have any new layouts to share today, I just realized it had been a while since I posted anything here. I have been struggling in the last week to find any shred of creativity.  I would spend a half hour staring at a blank canvas in Photoshop, pull in a few papers and photos, and just feel nothing.  So I took last weekend off, and took the kids to the museum in Denver.  We had a blast (well, Maggie and I did. John's still just along for the ride on outings like that).

We got back in to the swing of the week and I was able to put some brag book pages that I volunteered for together before the deadline, and was feeling good. Finally!  And then, I remembered that my 30 day trial of Photoshop CS5 was about to expire. I hadn't intended to go the full 30 days without actually buying it, because I knew I wanted to.  So now I am without PS again while they verify that, yes, my 8 year old IS a student who qualifies me for the student discount pricing.  Hopefully they'll finish that process up tomorrow so I don't lose the whole weekend.

In the meantime, I am working through an A to Z album all about me.  It's through a class taught by Cathy Zielske, who is one of my favorite scrapbookers/bloggers/people I love on the internet but have never met. (I have made quite a few of the last category over the last year.)  At least if I can't photoshop, I can work on the journaling for that album.  I took the same class a year ago but never finished the project.  I could even go into my craft room and pull out the patterned paper that I carefully cut and prepared, only to decide to do the project digitally (my first foray into digi), and then never finish it. This year, I am determined to finish.  Even better, the class comes with templates sized to be able to create a photobook, which is even more fun to share than plain old layouts, IMHO, though maybe that's just because I don't make them very often.  I'll post a few sample pages when I get those finished...I have a couple started, but with no PS, I can't convert them to jpegs to post here.  Technology makes life easier right?  That's what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment