Sep 13, 2010

A Fast Weekend

This weekend flew by faster than it should have! Between spending Saturday sick and spending Sunday catching up on things I missed Saturday, I feel like I missed the weekend!  I did get a little bit of scrapping in before I got sick though. The layouts are so unrelated it feels like they need two posts, but I'm going to put them together because the kits I used were both by the same designer. I think that's enough of a connection, don't you?

Henry and Julia
Inspired by the 9/10 Speed Scrap at Gotta Pixel
Kit: Thrifty by Sweet Digi Scraps
Fonts: Lainie Day and Impact

The first one was for Friday night's Speed Scrap at Gotta Pixel.  For some reason I struggled on this one.  Getting the photos and papers into a cohesive block pattern was harder than I imagined, or maybe I was just over thinking it.  Yeah, probably the second. Anyway, these are some pictures I have of my great grandparents.  I love the serious expressions in the wedding photos (the two on the left), and my mom had a painting done with the picture of my great grandma as inspiration.  I love the vintage feel of these papers, and they fit just as well in these photos taken in the 1910s and 20s as they do with the photo of my mom from 1975.

Pumpkin Patch
Photos: Jennifer Johnson
Kit: Falloween by Sweet Digi Scraps
Border: Falloween Borders by Sweet Digi Scraps (Designs by Danyale)
Fonts: Cooper Std, Pea C-Squared, American Typewriter

It's Gotta Grab It time at Gotta Pixel, which means the designers have all used the same color palette to create individual packs of papers and elements.  These are all from Sweet Digi Scraps' "Falloween" part of the GGI, and the photos were taken by my friend, Jen, during a joint-family trip to a pumpkin patch a few years back (three to be exact). I can't believe how much our kids have grown in three short years!

This week will be filled with more scrapbooking, so I'll have more to share.  The creative team for Sweet Digi Scraps is gearing up for a blog train full of freebies from our favorite SDS kits.  The train is set for this coming Saturday, and I've got some great printable bookmarks coming, as well as links to all the other fabulous goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment