Jun 5, 2010

Speed Scrap


I participated in my first speed scrap this morning.  It was fun, but would have been more fun if the baby had taken a full nap so I could have relaxed a little while I played.  I did have fun and came up with this layout about my husband's ever present hobby.  (For a time it was so present that the bikes "lived" in the living room behind the couch because that was the only place we could agree to keep them!) I had hoped to also post my layout for the weekly challenge at JessicaSprague.com, but haven't had time to finish it yet.  I have the journaling done, and most of the elements on the page -- I'm even using a template, but I just can't get those last pieces to work together, so I"ll putz with it tomorrow and finish it up.  Johnny had a rough day, so it made it hard to be able to just sit and complete a project start to finish.  Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow!  Enjoy the weekend wherever you are.   We are having fabulous weather here, though it is supposed to be 81 tomorrow, so it could wind up being uncomfortable! 

Supplies used:
Papers: Red paper by Lisa Breuer (Jeff paper 1). Black paper by 300dpi (DCWV -- La Creme kit). Wood grain paper by Queen of Quirk (Knotty Girl paper 3).


Elements: Arrow tag by Crystal Wilkerson (Room Collection Elements). Paperclipped tag from SciFi kit by unknown (from Designsindigital.com’s NDIDDS competiton, but the designer’s name isn’t in the files!). Red pin by KitchsyDigitals (2010 NSD Freebie). Tag by Jessica Sprague. Stitching by Lizard Dau Designs (Rouge kit). Brad by Anna Aspnes (DesignerDigitals Help Haiti kit). Button by Sdeigns (Songbird Avenue’s PortauPrince kit).

Fonts: Copperplate Gothic Bold, PeaDaineMichael, Century Gothic.

No comments:

Post a Comment